SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
Directs and organizes all general accounting activities and accounting staff. Prepares accounting and
financial reports and ensures accurate accounting systems, record keeping and Management
Information System (MIS) reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains the general ledger and all related accounts with proper documentation and records of
all company transactions; reviews entries to the general and subsidiary ledgers to assure
accuracy and compliance with the company’s and established accounting principles; controls all
changes to chart of accounts. Responsible for monthly and year-end closing of the general
ledger including preparation of journal entries.
- Responsible for maintaining computerized accounting system, backup control, assisting other
accounting staff with questions and printing of computer generated reports and statements.
- Administers preparation of monthly, interim, year-end and comparative financial & MIS reports;
performs and provides analysis of current results to prior periods and/or budget. Prepares
required government reports as directed by the CFO and responds to inquiries as necessary.
- Stays current with developments, practice trends and promulgations in the accounting
profession; monitors accounting systems and recommends new or revised policies and
- Assists the CFO in training and management of accounting staff.
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliation for all accounts; verifies accuracy of bank statements and
resolve questions or problems; maintains integrity of cash balances and cash flow systems.
- Responsible for review of payroll records and processing of payroll checks and reports by
Human Resource Department.
- Supervises and Manages Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Prepares and submits monthly financial statements; P&L, Balance Sheet, & Cash Flow
Statement; and rolling cash flow requirements statement in a timely manner.
- Maintains fixed asset records and control; determines depreciation terms/rates to apply to
capitalized items; prepares property tax returns for review by Controller.
- Responsible for year-end audit and preparation of schedules and documents for independent
- Maintain other accounts and performs other accounting duties as required or as requested by
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPI)
- 6-Weekly Rolling Cash flow statement on every Monday
- Completion of Audit and submission of Audit to the Board on or Before April 1 of each year
- Submission and management of all statutory requirements in a timely manner without any
penalties or surcharges
- Maintain accuracy of all accounting data
- Submission of VAT Refund and other tax refunds within 90 days from eligible date
Submission of Monthly Financial Statements on or before 7th of each month
Reports directly to the CFO. Manages the accounting team.
The organization is involved in the IT/ITeS/BPO Industry, and has a headcount of 70+ with a vision to
create and leverage, technologies and partnerships that make clients become sustainably more
successful. We are a part of Saraff Global group of companies focused on Diamonds, Energy,
Information Technology, Trading, Real Estate and Plastic Industries, striving to achieve Business
Excellence with Social Significance by Leveraging Eco-Friendly Technologies and Human Capital.
The position requires a minimum of college degree specifically in commerce or business administration
with a focus on Accounting. Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people is
essential. Good leadership skills are beneficial. Familiarity with accounting and spreadsheet
applications is required especially candidates well versed in Tally would be given priority
- College Degree with a major in Accounting
- Chartered Accountants (CA) or Certified Public Accountants (CPA) is mandatory
- Minimum Five years’ experience in Accounting
- Has a minimum 1-year management experience
- Knowledge of Tally is a must
- Strategic Leadership – Sets the direction, has global/industry wide perspective and thinking,
raises insightful tough questions. Values and devotes personal time to strategic planning.
Considers long term impact and wider implications of the strategic plan.
- Business Acumen – Demonstrates entrepreneurial spirit, has good understanding of how
business makes money, is guided by financials such as profit, ROI, ROCE for decisions. Balances
short term with long term. Takes a holistic view on cost, profit, market and value addition. Good
reasoning ability is required to solve a wide range of business problems. Able to understand and
utilize financial reports and legal documents to conduct business. Able to apply statistical
calculations, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, and sampling theory as well as algebra,
linear equations, and other analytics as required.
- Decision making – Clearly defines problems. Considers all the facts and alternatives available. Is
willing to make firm and speedy decisions. Demonstrates objectivity and high quality in decision
making. Takes calculated risks with contingency plans.
- Customer Focus – Personally keeps in touch with major customers and understands their
changing needs. Drives a customer centric culture in the organization. Proactively anticipates
and provides holistic solutions to delight customers. Responds to customer expectations and
improves customer satisfaction indices (CSI) better than the market.
- Enabling People Performance – Jointly develops clear roles, challenging goals, expectations and
accountability for people. Creates an enabling work culture. Allocates resources and supports
people to success. Demonstrates faith in people’s capabilities and motivate them. Monitors
performance and celebrates achievements.
- Communication and Networking – Communicates clearly, fluently and in a compelling manner to
create understanding. Actively listens to people to understand and seek feedback. Ensures
application of fair process. Establishes long term networking with significant external business
partners and stakeholders for business gains.
- Team Leadership – Develops an exciting shared vision. Motivates, inspires, influences and pushes
people to attain team goals. Walks the talk (open, fair and honest). Shares credit for success and
takes accountability for failures. Celebrates success publicly.
- Leading Change – Champions and acts as a catalyst for major change. Gets buy in from significant
opinion makers. Communicates and listens with empathy to overcome resistance. Sets up
systems to hold gains.
- Ownership and Accountability for Results – Demonstrates ownership for goals. Drives himself
and others to achieve desired results Reviews and monitors progress with course correction to
ensure success. Raises the bar after each achievement.
- Learn-ability – Proactively seeks opportunities to learn and relearn. Seeks new challenging
experiences without fear of failure. Quickly attains mastery even in unrelated areas. Utilizes
learning for improving performance.
Ability to communicate orally with board of directors, management, and other co-workers, both individually
and in front of a group is crucial. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential.
Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing, vision and speaking within normal ranges is essential for
normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
Good reasoning ability is required to solve a wide range of business problems. Able to apply statistical
calculations, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, and sampling theory as well as algebra, linear
equations, and other analytics as required. Able to understand and utilize financial reports and legal
documents to conduct business.